The Destruction of Zephaestalese
A village of about 2,000 people, Saltmarsh is a trade post but at the same time a bit of a backwater town at times.
The permanent population is primarily human with a few people of other races mixed in. Due to the nature of a small port they do often see other races passing through such as elves, halflings, and half-elves. However, some races are still looked at warily such as tieflings or half-orcs.
Town Council Members
- James Foster – the forest guard
- Isaac Inman – Owner of the Floundering Fish
- Karl Kay – Customs Office
- Hazel Smallfoot – Loans Guild
- Priest Robin – Head of the Hall of Aegit
- Fitch – Local Southern Seas Trading Company operator (aka Sou’seas Traders)
- Crazy Rob – People say he’s crazy
- Will Carpenter – married to Ellen and also works as a carpenter. He has the designer’s eye and she has the talent of putting it together.
Rumours and Secrets
The party finally discovered that Saltmarsh had a secret, that Old Man Parker’s Manor was haunted. The village tries to keep this a secret for fear of scaring off travellers passing through and to keep its port open and profitable.
Old Man Parker’s Manor:
- Entry room
- Trap door room with evil voice
- Mushroom room
- Plaster room
- nothing interesting (dining room)
- Moor A type of fen or swamp. A wetland with low growing vegetation due to the acidic soil.
- Mere a lake that is broader than it is deep
Temporary Map, some details may change.